Please Note: The Roosevelt New Orleans is fully accessible to traffic via Roosevelt Way. All hotel patrons and guests can proceed to valet parking by identifying themselves at the access point.
2018 CNN, Top 20 of America’s Most Beautiful Hotels
"There may be newer and trendier hotels in New Orleans, but none can touch the beauty of The Roosevelt. The iconic property, opened in 1893, is reminiscent of a bygone era with its tiered crystal chandeliers, gold-gilded pillars and original floor mosaics -- discovered during renovations after Hurricane Katrina. Its 504 rooms are similarly aristocratic, with dark wood furnishings and rich fabrics. The hotel's legendary Sazerac Bar, located in the lobby, is the birthplace of the cognac-based cocktail, as its name suggests."
2018 Architectural Digest, 15 Most Beautiful Hotel Lobbies in the World
"A row of elegant chandeliers leads you through a luxurious marbled hallway to the concierge. The Roosevelt Hotel is the perfect mix of Southern style and old European elegance culminating in one spectacular lobby."
2018 USA Today’s 10Best, #1 Best Hotel Bar, The Sazerac Bar
"Named after the world's first mixed drink (according to some), The Sazerac Bar has been quenching New Orleans's thirst for decades. Located within The Roosevelt New Orleans, this classic space features an African walnut bar and murals by Paul Ninas; it was once a popular haunt of politician Huey P. Long."
2018 CNN, Top 15 Hotels in the World That Go All-Out for the Holidays
Full List of Awards
Since reopening in 2009, The Roosevelt New Orleans has won countless awards in hospitality, dining, and more. To view the full list click here. Here are the recent awards won:
- 2018 CNN, Top 20 of America’s Most Beautiful Hotels
- 2018 CNN, Top 15 Hotels in the World That Go All-Out for the Holidays
- 2018 Architectural Digest, 15 Most Beautiful Hotel Lobbies in the World
- 2018 Gambit’s Best of New Orleans, Best Hotel
- 2018 New Orleans CityBusiness Reader Rankings, Best Hotel
- 2018 USA Today’s 10Best, #1 Best Hotel Bar, The Sazerac Bar
- New Orleans CityBusiness Reader Rankings, Best Hotel, 2017
- Gambit’s Best of New Orleans, Best Hotel. 2017
- TimeOut, 15 Best Hotels in New Orleans, 2017
- Southern Living, The South’s Top 10 Hotels, 2017
Select a Special Offer
at The Roosevelt
Give thanks this Thanksgiving by joining us for brunch or dinner.Read More
In true Roosevelt tradition, celebrate Christmas Day with brunch in the Waldorf Astoria Ballroom and dinner in the Fountain LoungeRead More
Waldorf Astoria Gift Cards
Give the gift of health & wellness with our Waldorf Astoria Spa Gift CardLearn More